Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Snowfest '07: Afternoon in Tuscola

After the lunch at Billy Barooz, I had planned to go to campus and load up on Illini gear at TeShurt, but I was afraid I would not make it back to Tuscola in time to catch Coach Weinke at the high school. So I hightailed it down Rt. 45. It felt great to be home. I made my way down my down my old street and checked out the family's former homes on Newkirk on the way to the high school.


When I got to the high school, I discovered that school had been dismissed at 11:00 and Coach was out of town at a conference. I still got to chat with a cousin who works at the school and with a couple of teachers from back in the day. While I was there, I picked up some sweet Warriors gear to bring back to Florida.


After that, I drove around for a short time and took some pics of the old houses before heading over to visit my buddy and former partner Todd. Todd always gets a visit because he has the most awesome stories to share about his trips, parties, etc. and the freshest gossip about the company I used to work at. This time around I was treated to stories about his Vegas trip - the run-in with the Flyboys, the encounter with the hooker and the roommate who paid $200 for "everything" but was denied entry at the back door!

I reluctantly left Todd's office in order to get checked in at the hotel before meeting my cousins at Monical's Pizza. I've got to hit Monical's at least once every trip home. Not only is it my favorite pizza, it's also where I had my first job - first as a busboy/dishwasher and then as an "oven boy." I also enjoy Monical's because I always run into several people I knew back in the day and I get to chat with them for awhile.


After a Monical's Delight Family Pleaser, it was time to move on. I had been torn all afternoon between partying in Tuscola with a couple different groups of friends, going to the Tuscola-Arcola basketball game, going to the Riverton game with my dad or driving back to Champaign to party with the IB crew. That's usually the problem with going home for a few days - I never have enough time to see everyone or do everything I want to do.

In the end, partying in downtown CU with the IB crew ended up winning out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home